Saturday, February 23, 2019

Escape


I'm standing on the roof,
Admiring the color formations in the horizon,
I'm dreaming of an escape,
To the world I've unceasingly mused about.

An escape to find peace,
An escape where my heart is happy,
There's something different in the air at this moment,
It tells me I can do it, 
It tells me I can get through.

I know I've commitments to meet,
I know I cannot leave them behind,
Perhaps just a babyish hope of a better tomorrow is enough for today,
& writing this poem is my escape for the day!

I have an idea,
I know there's no foundation,
A world with a different format-
Where one could go,
To be free from human woe.

A world where there's no shade of fear,
& waking up every AM doesn’t feel so cloudy,
Good art is focused chaos they say,
If only what I paint could be real & stay!

The world is trying to convince me,
That this is the reality of life,
I refuse to give the nod.
My dreamy escape would be a reality one day,
Where I'll have peace of mind,
& happiness will know no words
but just feelings-
it will be one of it's kind!
























5 comments:

  1. We, the people have a habit of labelling and compartmentalizing everything. If something doesn't get a label, it is deemed misfit. But we need to understand that labels are a modern construct which serve a certain purpose and nothing more than that.'Reality' is one such construct too. Your dreams are your reality. Dont't wait for anybody's approval. Your reality is yours and it belongs to you only.
    Keep posting
    Keep inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectooo...
    Escape is something which we all need it

    ReplyDelete

Hand in hand, we are all here to grow..

I have picked up my pen again today- since the mind is beyond full already, Well- lets start this straight and honest- I am really anxious t...