Monday, December 14, 2015

Need not to be good, need to be FAIR!

This is not my first blog, but it's the first one of it's kind. It's 1:32am while writing this down. Not sleepy at all, but a lot of restlessness surrounding me! I  belong to a small town but have traveled across and lived in two countries and several cities for my studies and I have met hundreds of people down the road.  What is worth mentioning is, more than 80% of the people (am talking about people around my age) think the same way, the 'it's very common' way, live similar lifestyles, try to copy what others are doing, following the herds, trying to look cool!

When I moved to the city, most of the people, including my friends, and at some point me too, were either busy trying to impress someone or live so cool that people get attracted to you! Rubbish! Whenever I looked out of the window in the evenings, I could see people of my age forming groups at food joints, rustling noises of bikes and bike riders, girls getting dressed up for parties and pubs not single day of a week but all five to seven days! On the other hand, some people had their own fundas. 
Smoking for them is a way to look cool. 
Relationships are no more serious, but for FUN, a way to pass time. C'mon, you couldn't find any other better thing to pass your time with??  
Drinking is nothing more than being a part of some elite happening group which would consider you 'old fashioned' if you don't drink! People show off drinking beer, Vodka, and whatsoever names it has, as a very standard thing to do and declare such things with so much pride as if they have been doing something worth noting! What sense does it make? 

I am definitely not the first one or the last one to go and study in a city or abroad. Tomorrow, when I go home, my parents, my neighbors', my well-wishers will be trying to see the different me, will be tracking down the new things in me that the city has changed, but at the same time they'll also be searching for the old me, the town me.  My bags, my stuff, my language, my habits, my behavior, my actions and reactions will straightaway tell them whether their decision to send me out was correct or not and whether their money for me is being invested on the right direction or not! Yes, THAT'S going to be my report card! But we cannot forget how successful people are now in carrying multi-faces! One when you're with family, the innocent you, the clean you, and the second one, with your colleagues, the sincere you, and the last one, with your friends! Nobody knows which is the artificial one, not even your own self! Incredible!

At times, I feel, what will I get trying to impress those whom I hardly know! People who are with me, who are mine, always be by my side, that’s what I want to live for!  Blessed are those who have got to live even a small period of time with their grandparents. Their blessings, the stories of their hard work, those olden times that they have lived, two generations or more before us teach us a lot. Tomorrow, when I reach home, and start sharing my stories with my parents, grandparents and my siblings, I would be proud to look into their eyes straightaway and tell them that I didn’t do anything which they did not want me to do!

Not trying to be judgmental, but this is all what I personally feel and think! 



4 comments:

  1. We have fear for so called "society" in which we lives. Most of us (including me) acts mindfulnessly. #irony #hypocrisy #don't know what to call it ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. basically trying to copy what others are doing! we frame our opinions by how others behave! :)

      Delete

Hand in hand, we are all here to grow..

I have picked up my pen again today- since the mind is beyond full already, Well- lets start this straight and honest- I am really anxious t...